Instill a love of 18th century history and inspire critical thinking in your students with a dynamic virtual learning experience! The story of the French and Indian War comes to life within your classroom with the following engaging opportunities:
- Tour an authentically reconstructed French and Indian War Fort with a Fort Ligonier educator
- Interview with a young George Washington about his time on the Western Pennsylvania frontier
- Learn about colonial life and how the people lived in the 1700’s
- Meet a museum professional and see priceless artifacts from all over the globe including rare treasures of George Washington featured in our award-winning museum
Why Learn About Fort Ligonier?
- Fort Ligonier played a pivotal role in the French and Indian Way, which was part of a global conflict, The Seven Years’ War (“The First World War”) as stated by Winston Churchill
- This conflict set events in motion that would lead to the American War for Independence and the forming of our nation
- Historical figures such as George Washington stepped onto the world stage and into the history books
Create Your Own Experience
We will tailor a program specifically to your students and their learning styles. Our virtual learning programs are suitable for all ages and we will work with you on whatever virtual meeting platform works for you in interactive and innovative ways! We cannot wait to meet you and your students and bring Fort Ligonier to life in your classroom!