Homeschool Program: Why America Is Free
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
In partnership with homeschool families, Fort Ligonier is excited to offer 4th-8th grade homeschool students the opportunity to participate in an in-depth study of the 18th century. This exciting learning experience will cover the French and Indian War through post-Revolution America and will immerse students in the time period.
Will meet weekly on Thursdays beginning January 10 – March 28, 2019
9:00 am – noon
Cost: $100 per student
Additional information will be sent after registration is complete
Registration deadline is December 1, 2018.
To register online use the “Register Now” button below.
To download the registration form follow this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DyrcrZwn4Idm6Dhl1CnrgdMCEleCFitH
Space is limited.
During the program parents and students will:
- meet weekly (for 12 weeks) at Fort Ligonier for activities and lessons
- be provided with lesson plans and resources to implement at home
- learn the guiding principles of the time period
- be immersed in a unit study of early America through hands-on activities
- develop an 18th century persona
- become familiar with etiquette practices of the 18th century
- learn a colonial dance
- gain insight into the incredible odds colonists faced in gaining independence
- participate in a culminating event at Fort Ligonier that will allow participating families to experience the 18th century as if they were patriots of the day